Consignment is basically a phenomenon in which an entity is consigned to another person. It may be a charge, ownership, material or goods. As we are talking about consignment invoice here, so we will take the meaning of consignment where material or goods are given from one authority to the other. Consignment invoice is purely related to an invoice which is made when goods or materials are sent to the person who is the acting owner. The acting owner then returns or sells them to the owner. Consignment invoice unlike the company invoice is given to a person or company responsible for selling goods and returning them to the authority if they are not sold.
The consignment invoice is in the form of a table. It must be having a date, item description, quantity, retail price and the commission. Before forming the table, a formal consignment letter must have a date at the top, the name of the contact, address and most importantly the zip or the postal code. Then it should start with a subject. Subject will be the nature of the consignment. Some words for the customer to take him into confidence. After these preliminary steps, a table is formed with essential components as described above.
A consignment invoice is a crucial and sensitive entity as it has a lot of numbers and prices. Therefore, it is usually advised to proofread it before having the final draft. Do not forget to fulfill the signature portion with proper date.
How It May Help You?
- Consignment invoice is used as an entity such as goods, charge or material which is limited to another person. The invoice is used to give goods or material from one person or authority to another.
- Consignment invoice is required by the company or the person selling goods. It is returned to the company if the goods are not sold.
- It is used to provide information such as the commission, retail price, description and quantity of the goods.
- It is used to enlist components such as date on which the invoice is issued and a postal or zip code. It is also used to provide subject or in other words the description of the consignment.
- Consignment invoice is used to provide a note for the customer to gain customer’s confidence. It is used to provide sensitive entity and crucial information thus it includes a lot of prices and numbers. It is used to prevent confusion from occurring and that both parties can highlight the liabilities. They use the invoice so that both the parties are aware when the consigned invoice will be send and when the owner of the inventory will be shifted from the vendor to the buyer.
- If issues occur, invoice can be used to overcome the issue by invoicing the customer same amount every month. This will help the customer and vendor to move forward till the agreement ends.
- It is used to invoice the customer the agreed amount.
- It is used to provide information regarding the transfer of ownership of the unused inventory and issues of invoicing.
Consignment Invoice Template
For: EXCEL(.xls) 2003 & later [Android+iOS] & iPad
Download File Size: 38 kb
For: OpenOffice Calc [.ods]
Download File Size: 18 kb
[Personal Use Only]